1) Is Renting more expensive than purchasing a product outright ?
Yes renting is more expensive than purchasing outright, if you have the money to purchase outright then renting may not be for you.
2) How do I apply for Rent 2 Own Anything?
Simply choose the product/s you require and add them to your cart, submit the application online and one of our friendly staff will contact you within 3 business days, or you can contact us direct on 1800 RENT 2 OWN (1800 736 826) between our business hours of 9am-5pm Monday to Friday, and one of our staff members will get you started.You will need to provide us with the relevant financial information so we can assess your ability to meet the lease repayment obligations. If your application is not approved you will receive notification via email within 3 business days.
3) Is there a payout figure at the end of my contract?
No, there is no payout figure at end of the lease. Approximately 90 days before the end of the lease agreement, we will write to you advising you of the options that are available to you at the end of the lease. Traditionally, we have allowed customers who have complied with the lease to make us an offer to purchase the goods at a nominal cost such as $1.
(a) Purchase the rented product(s) from us for the sum of $1, or
(b) Return the rented goods, or
(c) Continue to rent the goods
Upon the receipt from you of this additional payment for the purchase of the rented goods, we will supply you with written confirmation that the ownership of the rented product(s) has been transferred to you and that our previous charge over the product(s) on the Personal Property Security Register (PPSR) has been removed.
4) What happens if I'm unable to make repayments due to illness or unemployment?
This is called hardship. We have processes in place to help in these sort of situations. We will require additional information from you to support the hardship request. If accepted we have a number of options that we can offer including reducing rental repayments, extending the term of the lease or suspending payments.
5) Can I Rent 2 Own multiple products?
Yes as long as we have assessed that you can service the lease without it causing you any financial problems and complies with our responsible lending practises.
6) How do I make payments?
- We take the hassle out of remembering your repayments by setting up a direct debit from your nominated account,
- Through Centrepay, or
- In special arrangements, we can take payment over the phone at 1800 RENT 2 OWN (1800 736 826) using a credit card.
7) What information do I need to supply to be eligible to Rent 2 Own?
All customers are required to supply the following documentation:
- Three (3) forms of identification e.g. Driver’s License, Medicare card, passport or photo ID (100 points of ID)
- Three (3) names and contact details for personal references. These people must not be living with you.
- If employed, details of your employment including 90 days of bank statements to support income and expenses and serviceability.(done via online credit sense link)
- If on government benefits a centrelink statement to support income and expenses and serviceability.(done via online credit sense link)
8) What if I’m looking for a product or a brand that’s not on your website?
This is not a problem. We simply can’t list all of our products, so give one of our friendly staff a call on 1800 RENT 2 OWN (1800 736 826) and we will source the product you are after.
9) What sort of warranty does my product have?
All products are covered by the manufacturer’s warranties. Refer to the warranty information provided on delivery for more details.
10) What do I do if my product is faulty or stops working?
Don’t try and fix it yourself. Call us as soon as possible and we will arrange for it to be repaired or replaced.
11) Is my product insured?
No, we do not offer insurance of any kind. You are responsible for insuring the product, if you require insurance.
12) What happens if I move?
We ask that you notify our office and provide your new address and contact details as soon as possible.